Complete Schedule Announced for 2016 BevCon™ Charleston
The complete schedule of events for BevCon™ Charleston including the special nightly parties, in-depth excursions and additional learning sessions were announced for inaugural event. The 2016 event spans four days this August 21-24 and offers attendees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of these Learning Experiences on top of attending parties, tasting sessions, and two evenings of bar & restaurant takeovers Some of the highlights of the four days include:
- Excursions: On Sunday, August 21, the general public and BevCon™ attendees, can attend one of four special excursions further exploring Charleston’s various beverage entities. This includes a trip to the ACE Basin to visit a 300-year-old farm growing Blue Ribbon sugar cane, Charleston Gold rice and Jimmy Red corn; a rum cruise with expert writers Wayne Curtis and Robert Moss; foraging with Matt Lee and Ted Lee; and a beer brewing and business class with some of the best in the business. http://www.bevconchs.com/excursions/
- Welcome to Charleston Party: to kick-off the event, BevCon™ hosts a “Grill Out” with some of Charleston’s most talented chefs—Jason Stanhope of FIG, Kevin Johnson of The Grocery, Reid Henninger of Edmund’s Oast, Robert Stehling of Hominy Grill, and Travis Grimes of Husk paired along with cocktails, South Carolina beers, and wines. http://bit.ly/1XIbbvD
- Bar Takeovers: For two nights, 18 of Charleston’s best bars and restaurants will welcome some of the country’s best bartenders, sommeliers, brewers, and distillers to serve up a special beverage menu to enjoy. http://bit.ly/1qBqSr0
- Learning Sessions: Over 40 learning sessions by some of the best in the business will take place Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday on a variety of topics. Everything from Artisan Mezcals, Glassware Selection, Beer Collaborations, Getting Ink, Starting a Brewery, Winery, or Distillery in Today’s World, Restaurant Wine Programs and more! http://www.bevconchs.com/schedule/
- Tasting Events: Start the mornings with a coffee/tea, juice/soda, or Hair of the Dog tastings, and then move into the afternoons with a beer/wine/spirits tastings either representing Spring + Summer or Winter + Fall beverages. In between the sessions and tastings are a variety of snacks and food by some of the area’s best chefs.
- Grand Celebration—Party at the Windjammer: BevCon attendees get on a bus and head to the beach to one of the city’s most legendary dive bars overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. The party features a seafood centric menu—Lowcountry boil by Chef Vandy Vanderwalker of The Ordinary, fish sandwiches by Chris Stewart of The Glass Onion, seafood rolls by Jacques Larson of The Obstinate Daughter, and seafood balls by Nick Francis of Lucca. Chef Rob McDaniel of SpringHouse Restaurant in Alabama along with the pitmasters from Home Team BBQ will be serving up some whole hog. Tiki inspired drinks will be served by some of the country’s best bartenders along with beer, wine, and ice luge and more!
BevCon Charleston is a beverage industry-only event and individuals wishing to attend must apply in advance at http://www.bevconchs.com/passes/. Those who apply and are accepted will pay a $500 per person participation all-inclusive fee. Space is limited to attend and less than 100 spaces remain. Excursions are a separate ticketed event and open to the public. Bar Takeovers are free and open to the public. All attendees must be 21 and older to attend. To learn more, visit www.bevconchs.com.